Dear Ron,

Please reconsider the purpose of this list before you are tempted to use
it for non-PD political issues. I strongly object to being solicited to
vote on anything that does not have to do with improving the lives of
PWPs and others through medical research and other quality of life
issues.  This doesn't belong on this list. This is a religious issue and
a political issue, which BTW is the basis of the debate--keeping church
and government separate.

Also, while I'm not accusing you of deliberately misleading the list
members, you don't explain that a no vote is to NOT to take out the words
"under God," until later in the message. When I first read it, I
naturally thought it meant the opposite-- let the wording remain--because
it's natural for me to think  of the outcome I favor.  But I scrolled
down to read the rest of the message, and many people might not.

But in any event, the point is to not solicit votes for issues that are
not PD related.

Thanks,

Charlotte