Good Morning All,

this is from a grassroots advocate associate and friend...

Carol and Carl McLeod - grassroots advocates,
PAN Forum attendees, and a creative and delightful
couple - were in a car crash last night.

Hit by a drunk driver while pulled off the road.
Carl McLeod died 09-15-2002 shortly after surgery.

I don't know many details.

Carol suffered a fractured skull and is still in emergency
care but has regained consciousness and apparently
may go home tomorrow.

Here they are in one of Carol's wonderful films on pd

http://pwnkle.com/partners_film.htm

Carl was one of those special people who just made
you feel like the world can't be such a bad place
with a guy like him in it. Supportive of his wife Carol
(a PWP) in every way, smart as a whip, involved in
advocacy, he managed to make a lot of us
at MGH/PLWP and elsewhere think that life was OK,
all in all. He was a big part the glue that held us
together as a family.

Carol and Carl's love for one another is obvious from
the video she made only a couple of months before
his passing. We will miss more than we can say.

The Parkinson's community has lost a truly valuable
member. He was 49.

Cards or other expressions of sympathy may be sent
to Carol at...

Carol McLeod
611 Frogtown Road,
Union, Kentucky,      41091-9008.