Hi folks,

Well, all of a sudden I'm scheduled to have major gynie surgery probably
Tues a.m.--yes that's THIS Tues.  I'm feeling a little unprepared, as I
only went to the Dr. just this past Tues, and I've already done the tests
and blood work.  Besides wisdom teeth and tonsils, I've never had
anything else removed, or any other kind of surgery, especially with PD.
Working in my PD meds with everything else going on--that's what I'm most
concerned about.  Who am I kidding!  I'm scared to death!

        Side Bar: I've got great doctors--very skilled, personable,
progressive--surgeon is         thinking about trying to remove laporoscopically
something as big as a small watermelon  --my Gyn's words, not mine--they
equate sizes of cysts and tumors in terms of fruits and         vegetables, or x
number of weeks pregnant--So it seems I'm 24 weeks pregnant with a
        watermelon.  Last time this OB/Gyn, now just Gyn doctor helped me
deliver a full-term     baby boy--now it's watermelons--just wait until I
tell my son he has a watermelon for a   sibling.  But wait, there's more,
it seems she doesn't use much anesthesia, which sound   healthy if not
TERRIFYING.  Are you getting a visual here?  I'm going to witness a
        watermelon coming out in pieces from holes made in my abdomen or my
navel? Does that        make it a navel watermelon?  Now, I'm really getting
silly.  Forgive my little trot down     manic lane.  I'm just a big
chicken--no, no more food jokes. Now where was I when I         strayed from
reality.

Oh, yes--What have I thought of so far:

I've thought to call my MDS and ask for advice on how to manage PD meds
with the surgery, anesthesia, pain management, and so on.  Just talked
with her--got her advice and nice support.

I've faxed my list of drugs, and names, numbers of other doctors, filled
out their history forms, and included, thanks Murray!, those pages on
contraindicated drugs for PD--one of which she doesn't agree with as
contraindicated--she recommends Tigen for antinausea/vomiting drug. I
trust her judgement, as she is a researcher, clinician and well known and
thought of.

Any comments?  Forgiveness of silliness?

Charlotte

I'm sure I'm not thinking of everything I should be.  What have I missed,
if you would be so kind.