Dear list members,

It is with great pleasure that I announce Barbara Blake-Krebs, a
long-time  PIEN member, Parkinson's advocate, author and friend will be
honored at a reception on September 28th. It will be  hosted by the
Parkinson's
Association of Greater Kansas City,  KKFI, the Kansas City public radio
station
Barb helped to create, and  Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, Ks., where she
currently resides.

 Barb  actively promoted Parkinson's advocacy and awareness at  the
national, state
and local levels for many years. Her advocacy for the passage of  the
Udall bill
 inspired many others to join the grassroots efforts. I had the  honor to
collaborate
 with Barb and Jeanette Fuhr on the book "When Parkinson's Strikes
Early."

I'm sure Barb would be thrilled to see PIEN members who are near the KC
area, and
also to receive  emails or notes from list members recognizing this
special event.  The
address for Delmar Gardens is below; emails can be sent to

Linda Herman

Here is the announcement sent to me :

"BARBARA BLAKE KREBS TO BE HONORED AT RECEPTION / BOOK SIGNING
Saturday, September the 28th, 10:00am-11:30am at the Delmar Gardens of
Lenexa, Kansas, 9701 Monrovia, Lenexa, Ks. The reception is free to the
public.

The event is a fundraiser for the Parkinson's Association of Greater
Kansas City.

 If you or anyone you know has ever had this disease, you know what a
life altering and challenging experience it is. To find a cure and or
enhance
the lives of those with Parkinson's is our goal as a people. The event is

co-sponsored by the Delmar Gardens of Lenexa, Kansas and the Parkinson's
Association of Greater Kansas City.

Copies of the book "When Parkinson's Strikes Early"  will be available,
 plus order forms.  The book is also available on amazon.com  and through
the
 publisher   www.hunterhouse.com

Directions:
Take 1-35 South to the 95th. St. exit, go left(East)2 blocks to Monrovia,
turn right(South) for two blocks to the Delmar Gardens

Call or e-mail Shirley WAGner, event planner and facilitator at