Hi, Everyone,

Someone better pinch me because I think I'm in a Sinemet/Mirapex cocoon!
You know, the kind where you sit in a comfortable chair, and, before you
know it, you're out like a light "adventuring in La La Land!

Today was the day.  This afternoon the time.  And what an experience!
However, to fully explain this amazing occurrence more completely, let me
walk back a few paces.

To prepare for my appointment with my new internist, I took a copy of the
HOW DID WE GET HERE ANYWAY SURVEY, changed the WE to I and completed it as I
did before for the actual survey-plus additions.  I also completed my  Power
of Attorney - Advance Health Care Directive and took a copy of it with
me, too.  I had to be sure that my new physician would agree to my
 "HEALTH CARE" decisions.

Upon entering the office, the receptionist handed me the usual basic
"patient history" form.  I offered my survey instead.  She looked at it and
told me that it was far and above anything they had given me. Then she made
arrangements to have a blank copy of the survey sent to their office for
their use

Another sheet was handed to me.  This one was entitled:
HOW TO GET THE MOST OF TODAY'S APPOINTMENT, and it covered the day's major
concern, information on any med refills necessary, room for pertinent
questions to be asked and a reminder to be aware of what procedures were
done and what would be done during the next appointment.  It finalized with
a reminder to carry the doctor's card in case of an emergency.  Was I
impressed!  Aside from the usual short history, the only thing I have been
constantly asked at each medical visit was/is, "Do you have Black Lung
Disease!?!"

After the usual weight, height, blood pressure routine, I was escorted into
an examining room. Some time later,  the doctor and a resident appeared.
They had been late getting into the examining room because they had not only
been studying  my survey information, they had actually gotten my records
from neurology and were amazingly versed on my medical condition!   There he
stood with this huge file!  All I could think of was, "Is this for real!?!"

Before he could do anything, I mentioned that before I could be his patient,
I had to be sure he agreed to my health care instructions and showed him the
pages.  He not only completely agreed with me, he congratulated me on the
caliber of the material presented and said he wished that all of his
patients were so well prepared.  He even filled in his own section on
PRIMARY PHYSICIAN!  Excited?  Ecstatic?  Dare I say?

What followed was an hour and a half of discussion and exam.  Instead of
telling me what I needed, it was, "These are the things we can do for you.
You decide what is the  most important for you NOW."  In addition, I was
informed that I had an excellent neuro-one extremely capable M.D., and he
would be consulting with that M.D. before my next appointment with him.

 Words cannot fully express how impressed I was/am with his knowledge of my
case!  He verified the ongoing diagnosis--something different, not seen
before, the area of the brain involved, etc.  To me, this is almost too good
to be true, but just in case I'm dreaming, please do me a favor.   Don't
awaken me!

In thought and mind; in caring and friendship,
E of the headdress