Mary, it won't help to say "you deserve a medal" but you do.  There are a
lot of people in this country who derserve medals.  My sister-in-law is one
like you.....she just goes...and goes.....and goes.....We love our loved
ones....and care for them.....

All I can do is support John and his wife from where I am.  We just had a
teleconference with the nursing home and worked out a form of PT, correct
dossage of meds on time,  feeding not at the same pd MEDS are given, iron
pill supplement at different time (1 hour before or afterwards), PEG
(Stomach) feeding at 45 degree angle so he won't get pneumonia again
(hoepfully) and sitting up for 45 minutes afterwards, not feeding him too
much at one time so that it backs up into his esophagus, get rid of the
strong odor in the room (he just changed rooms), put his TV in his room
(after changing rooms), get him up in the mornings and change him every two
hours to help get rid of the sores on his back, (and I can't think of what
else).  The teleconference was for a new CARE PLAN or a supplement to one
already in existance.  I have asked for a copy of it.

I had an ombudsman sit in on the conference and we have one on site to see
that the PT is being done.

Medals to all that support their loved ones.  As president Regan said about
the Russians when they were doing the Test Ban Treaty, "trust but verify".
Teachers also do the same thing..."trust students but verify".  You must do
the same thing...."trust your nursing home but verify".

Larry