I had a pill box with an alarm whoich i purchased from
Radio Shack in about 1989- 1990 itS cost was in  the $10
to $12 range. It worked very well. when it wore out, i
went back to Radio Shack and they did not carry them any
more. I remember that at a PD symposium i heard a number
of those alarms goinhg of at different times. That was
during that same tiime period 1989-1990.