I have recently checked into the prices of several of the medications that
I use to try to save myself some money.

I will share with you here the data on COMTAN (Entacapone) 200mg., 100
tablets.  This is typical.

Wal-Mart pharmacy in Canada:  Canadian dollars: $168.93
Equivalent in U.S. Dollars, using CA$1.50 = US$1.00:  $112.62
(actually current rate is closer to CA$1.55 = US$1.00,
 so the equivalent amount might be US$108.99.)

I also have an AARP statement showing me the prices at Walgreen's (U.S.):
Pharmacy Price:  $178.09
Specially arranged price:  $156.31 (which is what I paid)
...and, FWIW, the price on the AARP web page: $154.56.

Whether or not one can get a better price by buying several hundred at a
time, I don't know.  Most places that I talked to appeared to have
monolithic pricing

Hope this proves useful to some of my fellow listmembers.

Art

"On the list since '96"