Date sent:              Sun, 29 Sep 2002 19:10:17 -0400
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   WILL JOHNSTON <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: The Government should pay for it???
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> If the government can buy it at a lower cost and what they buy is good
> for the public, let the government do it. I'm willing to pay my share
> of the taxes.

I do not fear government taking over the cost of health care
(prescriptions) a much as I am concerned about what the drug
companies will do.  When the hue and cry went up about the cost of
health care (in the 1980's), many were concerned about "socialized
medicine", this meaning the take-over by the Government.  But, what
actually heppened was that the big insurance companies took over,
calling it "managed care"; and, IMO, we have a miserable situation at
present.

At least, if Government does something negative, the electorate can
change the Government.  But if the big insurance companies take
controll, what can the "ordinary folks" do?

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"