My dad did that very thing in Tryon, N.C.
http://dialforacure.com/html/company.html
Many a folk would come and see him without money, and he would "exchange" in
something else besides cash or check. I even had possum, and racoon to eat
for dinner because of Dad's generousity
(http://www.tryondailybulletin.com/Obits/Obits.asp?ArticleID=1568)
What happened to the fellowship we use to live in with our neighbors and
friends?

This is a very good discourse, and what I truly love about it is very
simple.
We are FREE to talk about it, and to get involved in it, and to be
politically
active.
Your views and knowledge of this, along with all that you folks do are a
primary
example of our wonderful freedom! You are steadfast in your perserverence,
hope and support of this LIST and  what I would call a ROOT to God's Garden.
Don't you like that term---God's Garden?
God Bless You All! and Thank God For Our Freedom!
Reading your words, both pro and con, bring tears to the eye of one that
truly recognizes God's hand,
God bless Marilyn, Will, Robert, Thee Rev, Michael, and all that participate
here.
Thanks to you,
and
Love to you all!