I hasten to add my comments to the question about government paid
prescription drugs.  I remember when Medicare was presented to the voters.
It was "pie in the sky" so they said.  Since that fateful day of July 1,
1966, it has continued to cost more and the benefits have shrunk so that a
supplement plan is almost mandatory.
Do you think they will stop at prescription  coverage - no they will not.
Socialized medicine will be next.  Just talk to the folks north of our
borders to get the facts on their plan.  We used to say send a dollar to
Washington and you get fifty cents back.  I doubt if it's that much today.
Most states provide help for prescriptions and other medical charges if the
patient is unable to pay.  Also watch the abuse begin once the government
gets into the act.  I wholeheartedly agree with Jeff and  hope all of you
will take a good look at this and think just "who is the government?"  I've
had PD for four years and rheumatoid arthritus along with it.  I'm on seven
different drugs which total over $300.00 a month - Mirapex being one.  I
carry a policy which pays a portion of the drugs which are available in the
generic form but the Mirapex is not. So I know what it is to have high med
costs.  But I also realize what they would cost if Uncle Sam gets into the
act.

Marilyn Knight
Clermont, Florida