HI.

I started typing a reality cost list of myself, but it would freak too
many people out. The prescript medicare plans I read about offered
offered a  3000 yearly deductible for meds that are COVERED  (medicare
supplement handbook (free- 1-800-medicare), and a monthly cost for the
supplement in addition to medicare insurance. May be cheaper to keep
supplemental insurance, if it is offered.

I pay federal taxes on my disability pension. I don't qualify for SSD
because I worked 17 years, but the last 10 years (ages 25 to 35 I
think?) wasn't continuous and didn't add up to 40 credits. There are age
requirements with the quarters earned while one was employed. I was a
speech language pathologist with autistic and deaf jr. high kids in the
inner city schools. Back then the govt. didn't pay for college if the
person promised to work in the city.   Paid 22k (1990 to start verses
60K from a health contractor that offered self pay insurance and too
high yearly out of pocket deductible. People thght. I was crazy to not
take the 60K. I value my  health and kids more.

Help others and when a person least expects it, that person will be
cared for. There are many caring people who share their wealth of
finances, knowledge, and most important...they will care for u.

One rule in our home is if any extra money is left over after paying
food, mortgage, education and utilities, and helping another then we can
splurge and buy pop, chips, or Stouffer's. We haven't had pop, chips,
ect. for many decades.  No drinking or smoking allowed. Money can used
more wisely.

I agree- Help ur neighbor. Not because u will need help one day, just
help for the sake of helping. Share veggies from ur garden. That may
help another with their finances and health.  Help build a home for
others, volunteer,.

Taxes wouldn't cover medical prescriptions. Cost saving measures are-
limit monthly quantities, and don't cover all drugs ( not talking pain
killers either).

Buy generic drugs help curb costs to the insurance and govt. Another
cost saving measure- CAP amounts awarded for lawsuits against
physicians.

> Think about it.
Nancy

Jeff Bayard wrote:

> I have seen a couple of notes about making the government pay for
> prescription drugs
> lately,..........well, .........
> Just a very short note, one to ponder and think about.
> Remember, if the government pays for it.........now, keep that in mind.
> Where does the government get their money?
>
> Taxes. The ones I pay and all employed Americans (talking US here).

 The tax that I pay as a business owner, and my paycheck. I have two
children
> a wonderful wife, and must provide for my family. My car has over 94,000
> miles on it,
> I have less than 1,000 in saving........
> Have you studied your pay stub? I clearly see mine, and all the money
> government takes from me now......DO I WANT MORE taken away from me and my
> family? NO!
>

> Come on now, lets be real about this.
> I dont want a firestorm debate, but just a reality check.
> So, I challenge those that have a job.
>
> Go to your neighbor and offer to pay for their next prescription.
> Same thing as allowing the government to start giving away drugs?

RESPONSE-