On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Graham Runnalls wrote:

Dear All,

Please, Please, Please ignore Professor Runnalls post!  The
file jdbgmgr.exe is the Microsoft Debugger Registrar for
Java. DO NOT DELETE IT!  Although there is a completely
separate virus which does targe this file, the warning email
currently being passed around IS A HOAX.  Whenever you get a
an email message telling you that you have this or that
virus ALWAYS check it out with respected sites such as
Sophos or McAffee. More information (including recovery
information if you have deleted the file already) is
available at:

http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99436
or
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.html

Please point anyone else who falls victim to this
social-virus hoax (which propogates based on people's
good intentions) to these pages, and do not forward hoax
emails on.

Many Thanks,
James Cummings

--
Dr James Cummings, [log in to unmask], http://www.uea.ac.uk/~q503
Cursus Project, School of Music, University of East Anglia,