At 09:57 AM 10/5/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello all,

I used to fall a lot ,then i started walking with a cane. as far as being
able to predict how fast a particular person's PD is going to progress. I
dont think any of us can predict the progresion of the disease. I have been
a Parkie for about 15 years. Ijust take one day
at a time and thank the Lord for each new day that comes along. It is
important to keep active. I personally walk a lot.

>I've just been diagnosed with PD last week, and I have some questions about
>what to expect.
>
>I developed a tremor in my left hand about 6 months ago; also, my balance
>has been off for several years, and within the last few months I've begun to
>have problems with stumbling when I walk, falling (or almost falling) often.
>Are all these symptoms of PD?  Also, what about pain?  I've had severe pain
>in my left forearm (the same side with the tremor), and it feels like muscle
>sprain--but just won't get better.  OFten, when I'm resting and not using my
>arm, the throbbing is terrible--and lifting heavy items is very painful.
>I've also been choking more lately.  Are these PD problems?  If so, any
>predictions on what I can expect my future to bring--predictions on the
>progression of the PD?
>
>I've just started taking Mirapex, and am on a low dosage now.  I've not
>noticed any change on the Mirapex--no side effects either.  Any of you
>familiar with MIrapex?
>
>I live alone way out in the country, and to be honest I'm afraid now of
>falling at home sometime and not being able to get up.  Now it's almost
>impossible to get up when I'm sitting in a chair, unless I  have some way to
>pull myself up.  And I fear choking on food when I'm alone.  Any
>suggestions?  Or am I worrying too much?
>
>Any input on what I can expect would be appreciated.
>
>Maggie Mauney

Yours and His
David L. MORELAND