I found out last week that one of the execs at my company is the Chair of the Pacific Parkinson's
Research Centre at the University of British Columbia. We sat down and chatted for a while last
Thursday about his involvement and my recent diagnosis.

One of the interesting things which came out of that meeting was the discovery that his mother had
TB before she ended up with Parkinson's. Why is that interesting? Well, my uncle was hospitalized
with TB several years prior to the onset of his PD. My dad had a TB spot on his lung and he also
had a mild case of PD. And me, well I had to be treated for TB after having a positive test (due
to contracting it from one of my patients).

The exec says he is going to approach Donald Calne about doing a study regarding a possible
correlation between PD and TB. I'm curious to know if any of you have had TB and/or have been
treated with anti-TB medications in the past.

Connie