Deb I am in The New Orleans area....it is not as bad  as it could have been.   Lots of wind and rain  ....  where are your family?
 Deborah Setzer wrote:I am feeling so helpless and totally on edge this morning as Hurricane Iris
rapidly approaches Lafayette, LA... my hometown and where all of my friends
from the university and childhood are as well as my son and his wife, my
younger brother, my father his wife and 2 kids and my 94 year old
grandmother are.

Even as the Hurricane reached a category 4, they decided to stay. I am very
grateful that it has been downgraded to a 2. It has been reported that over
1000 people in Lafayette have lost power and the worse is yet to come.
Sustained winds right now are around 60 miles per hour with gusts up to 100
miles per hour.

They can't be reached by phone and all I can do is wait, watch the reports
on TV and the internet and pray for them.

Thanks for listening to me,
Deborah aka Tenacity