Rayilyn,
I must say that I cannot help you with that question.  This is only my
first year into the program so I am not really advanced enough to say.
Also, it is my obligation to follow the ASHA Code of Ethics, so I am
not at liberty to really say anything.  My main purpose in joining this
goup is to learn about Parkinson's disease so I will have at least a
little background when I do become a SLP.
However, I am very sorry to hear about you loosing your voice.  Have
you ever thought about going to a speech-language pathologist where you
live?  I'm sure an SLP would be able to work with you and help you.
Julie:)

Rayilyn Brown wrote:

>Julie, I am seeing a neuro at Loma Linda Medical Center this Tuesday,
taking
>my F-DOPA  PET scan with me. PD meds are problematic, so I don't take
them.
>Am going to ask about botox injections for the dystonia in my feet and
leg.
>I have always had tremor on left side, it is now in right leg too,
stiffness,
>bradykinesia, severe micrographia, but the voice problem is new, also
>postural instability, fatigue and muscle cramps.  Should I limit my
talking?
>I have a "big mouth"  [log in to unmask]

>To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]