> I'm trying to decide if something I have been experiencing is a side
effect of Permax (which I've
> been on for just 5 weeks) or if my PD is progressing.

Connie, my husband has had PD for 22 years.  We have learned over the course
of his disease that if his symptoms change suddenly after he has started or
increased a medication, the medication is probably the cause.   A case in
point is our recent experience with Bactrim.  Jamie had a devastating case
of prostatitis that resulted in a 5 day hospital stay.  Post
hospitalization, he was placed on a 6 week course of Bactrim.  We noticed
that suddenly his dyskinesia increased.  We had to cut back on his Sinemet
and Mirapex to keep him functional.  His neuro commented that, although
Bactrim has not been known to interfere with PD drugs, he wouldn't be
surprised at the possibility.  He explained that anything that changes the
pH of the gut will change the absorption of PD meds - thus causing side
effects.

Since you developed you symptoms after 5 weeks of Permax, one would
immediately suspect the drug as being the problem.  Talk with your neuro
about it - call him on Monday.  PD doesn't generally progress that quickly.
------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 62/22)