Maggie you did not say how old you are.  I am not an expert on PD but I do
know that PD patients should get exercise daily (as someone on the list
serve said, "exercise, exercise, exercise".  Is there someone at the house
with you?  If not then you need to make special friends that can call you
daily.  Your friends will probably enjoy doing this and it helps keep in
contact with the outside world- develop a plan.  Pd has "different strokes"
with "different folks".  So there is no one pattern.  There are effects that
are progressive which you can study up on. And it is important to study the
different effects PD has on patients.  Become intelligent about PD and it's
possible effects on you and be able to intelligently discuss this with your
Doctor.  There are several "look alike diseases" that appear to be PD but
are not...but are related.  My mother, my brother, my aunt, and my
grandmother (although they say it may not  hereditary) all had different
symptoms of PD.  Mother and grandmother and aunt all functioned normally
(just did a lot of shaking).  They died of other causes at ages 80, 63, and
78.  My brother is disabled with PD.

Some places to go for more information are (Just click on they): ( I may
have not given you all the good sites but these are some)

http://www.parkinson.org/
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/health_and_medical/pubs/parkinson_disease_htr.htm#e
arly_symptoms
http://www.geocities.com/pdcaregiver/ParkinsonsPages.html
http://www.parkinson.org/docgetmap.htm
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/
http://persoweb.francenet.fr/~mondor/updrs.htm
http://rewiredforlife.healthology.com/focus_index.asp?f=parkinsons_disease

You did not say whether you are near a large city, small city, etc, but it
is important to have a PD Doctor that recognizes the different stages of PD
and stays "on task" with you and is able to properly diagnose with PD meds.
From what I understand on this List Serve there are many PD patients that
function normally and live a happy life.  Some of these will be getting in
touch with you.  Have a happy day!

Larry Wilson