> Are all these symptoms of PD?  Also, what about pain?  I've had severe
pain
> in my left forearm (the same side with the tremor), and it feels like
muscle
> sprain--but just won't get better.  OFten, when I'm resting and not using
my
> arm, the throbbing is terrible--and lifting heavy items is very painful.
> I've also been choking more lately.

Maggie, you have my sympathy and prayers.  You're in a very tough place
right now and I'm glad that you've joined our list.

As an RN, I'm concerned about your left arm pain and the fact that you state
that you've been choking.  Although your arm pain may be related to the
muscle spasms (called dystonia) that many PD patients get, you do have a
history of heart disease and diabetes.  I'm hoping that you've told your
doctors about this left arm pain - I'm wondering if some of your complaint
can be related to angina.

You must tell your doctor that you are choking.  It is usual to have this
problem so early in the course of PD.  It also may be related to something
else.  Hopefully, a swallowing evaluation will be ordered to determine
whether you need a speech therapist to help you learn to swallow more
effectively.

Please keep us posted about how you're doing.
-------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 62/22)