I don't know about knotted shoulder muscles. I had acupuncture for my
frozen shoulder after ultrasound, TENS, and massage failed to work.
The acupuncture reduced the pain to almost nothing, and the shoulder
loosened up a lot. The physiotherapist who did it said that acupuncture
releases endorphins and the body's own cortisone to the affected area.
Normally I'm not one to try alternative medicine, but I will think about
trying this again in the future.

Connie