Hi,

I am a bibliophile. That is, I love to read, and jokingly call myself a member of the "Book of the
Day" club. Here are 4 recently published books on PD which I have read and which you may want to
check out.

Parkinson's Disease: 300 Tips For Making Life Easier by Shelley Peterman Schwarz. This book has a
lot of ideas for both PWPs and their caregivers. The author has listed an incredible number of
websites where one can find information and/or purchase items online. My only complaint about this
book is that in the tips for the caregivers, the author seems to assume that the PWP also has
dementia, and her phrasing tends to be in the realm of treating the PWP like a child. I give this
one a 7 out of 10.

A Life Shaken: My Encounter With Parkinson's Disease by Joel Havemann. This is another brief
autobiography with lots of basic information about PD. If you've never read anything about PD,
this might be OK. If you've read other autobiographies, this may be ho-hum. I give this a 5 out of
10.

Parkinson's Disease In Practice by Carl E. Clarke. This is a basic primer supposedly for medical
professionals who need or want to learn more about PD and treating PWPs. It is published in
England and offers information about medication, etc. available in England and continental Europe.
I would give this book a 7.5 out of 10.

Shaking Up Parkinson’s Disease by Abraham Lieberman, MD. Now here is a book which I am thinking of
purchasing. Along with the regular basic information about PD, Dr. Lieberman has also included
interviews with well-known people who have family members with PD, explanations about some of the
grey areas that aren't well addressed elsewhere, and he ends each chapter on a spiritual note.
It's no wonder that Dr. Lieberman is well-liked and respected, if this is any indication of what
he is like in real life. This book gets a 9 out of 10 from me, which is high praise indeed.

Happy Reading!

Connie