I too, have nights I can't seem to sleep a  wink no matter what I try.  My
neuro says maybe I don't need as much sleep as some since I don't get sleepy
during the day.  I usually go to sleep OK but wake up in an hour or two and
can't get back to sleep.  After a half hour to an hour of laying there I get
up and either read,or watch TV and get a cup of warm milk.  Sometimes this
works but more than not I fail to return to sleep.  I do not work away from
home but have a small accounting business which can be set aside if need be
due to fatigue. I think lying in bed awake is not good and too much sleep
medicine is habit forming and pretty soon it doesn't work anyway.  I've tried
the various PMs, and one or two prescription drugs but hate to stick with
them too long. I've come to the conclusion that PD is the culprit and I just
have to stick it out and look forward to a great sleep the next night.  Sorry
I'm not more help.  Marilyn in Florida