I don't exactly have experience directly.  My ear,nose and throat dr.,
during a checkup of an ear infection say that I was clenching my teeth.  It'
s something that has been going on for the last year or so.  He suggested
botox injections in the massiter muscles.  When I saw my dentist he said,
"Oh, great idea... inject dilute botulism toxins into an essential muscle.
"  I don't know who is right but I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Bought a bite guide instead!

Scott