My husband who has had Parkinson's diagnosed since 1992 has insomnia as a
MAJOR difficulty with Parkinson's.  He is seen at Mayo Jacksonville, Fl and a
physician there in the sleep clinic with an interest in Parkinson's has been
helpful.  He tried many medications before finding one that helped, Ambian
was never helpful to him.  Good luck with holistic approach but for him it
took heavy duty drugs for any sleep at all.   He is now after 6 years of
insomnia just beginning to be able to take perhaps a 10 to 20 minute nap once
in a while in the daytime.  We consider this a major improvement!!!!!  Jackie