Dear Members,

I am putting out some feelers to see if any of you have had your DBS in the
STN redone to correct placement and have a completely new track...this time
correct, perfect placement. My main questions:
1. Did it take longer for  good, successful programming of the new electrode
placement than
the first time. If so, would you attribute that to healing of the old track
plus the new? (With perfect placement this time, no benefit is there in my
case yet)
2. While you were waiting for the programming to become effective, did you
find it necessary to take more medicine...even more than before you had the
corrective surgery? (Now taking nearly as much as before the original
surgery three years ago)
3. Did you find that your "offs" were pretty bad, and that once again
protein was affecting your meds to the point of being awful like before you
had the electrode placed (albeit less than in optimum position) the first
time?
4. Were you concerned that you made the wrong decision to correct the
placement of the electrode?

Thank you for your input,
Concerned, but still hoping at week four out from the corrective surgery