I would like to add another Senator to this list who is facing a tough
reelection race and  deserves support of PWP - Paul Wellstone of
Minnesota.
An article in "The Nation" recently reported that  Sen. Wellstone is
being specifically targeted by the Bush administration for defeat in this
year's election, due to his liberal viewpoints. Party politics aside,
this should be extremely disturbing to People With Parkinson's, because
for many years  Sen. Wellstone has been a consistent and dedicated voice
in the Senate for Parkinson's Disease funding , as well as other health
care issues.
He co-authored the  Udall bill,  passed in 1997, authorizing $100 million
for Parkinson's Disease Research. Sen. Wellstone successfully requested
new initiatives for Parkinson's Disease in the  NIH Revitalization Act of
1996. He has been a lead advocate  for increased Parkinson's research
funding in subsequent  NIH appropriations bills. In whatever actions have
been taken by the  Senate in support of finding a cure for Parkinson's,
Senator Wellstone's name is always present.

I don't live in Minnesota, but as a PWP, i believe that we need people
like Paul Wellstone in Congress. If you are a resident of Minnesota or
know others who are, please forward this information on to them.

The Nation article is available online at:
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20020527&s=nichols

Linda Herman