While this is not PD, I feel it is related because of the medications we
take, medical care/etc.,  and election day is right around the
corner.......I subscribe to The Public Citizen email,  a national,
non-profit, public interest organization.    I have pasted their latest
email below... By going into their site, you will be able to see how your
local politicians voted this year.... all you need to do is click on that
link below and put your zip code in the box....it will show you the bill and
the way our politicians voted..... ( Y, N and if that vote was for/against
the public interest)..Take a look at those that are representing you...did
they vote the way you need them to on the issues that are so important to
you  or is it time to vote them out or did they do a good job and you want
to vote for them again.....Personally, I found out that on two items  the
vote was just the OPPOSITE  of what the  staff had told me it would be when
I called on the telephone..  The other links also give you other information
such as contacting your reps, etc.
Their letter says...."Public Citizen Vote Chart Rates Members of Congress on
Key Health, Safety and Corporate Accountability Votes.
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The consumer advocacy group Public Citizen recently
published its election-year rating of members of Congress based on their
votes on issues important to consumers during the 107th Congress
(2001-2002).
Public Citizen tracked more than 20 Senate and House votes dealing with
campaign finance reform; prescription drugs; patient safety; food, workplace
and truck safety; aviation security; energy and nuclear waste issues; fast
track trade authority; the Bush tax cut and tax breaks for corporations;
consumer bankruptcy; and confirmations of John Ashcroft as attorney general
and John Graham as administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory
Affairs.
"These are votes on issues that affect the public's health, safety and
wallets," Public Citizen President Joan Claybrook said. "Washington is full
of powerful special interests seeking special favors from Congress. The best
way for consumers in the states to challenge those interests is to know how
their elected officials are voting."
"Citizens did win an important victory this Congress with the passage of the
most significant campaign finance reform in a generation," said Frank
Clemente, director of Public Citizen's Congress Watch. "But, as this vote
chart shows, too often members of Congress side with the patrons who fund
their campaigns rather than the public who elect them to office."
A copy of the vote chart and rankings is available on the Web at
http://action.citizen.org/pc/issues/votes/    "   Joan Hartman