I am in the process of reading the actual study for the recent CoQ10 test.
Some interesting things so far:
People were excluded from the study for the following reasons:
1.  "The use of drugs known to interfere with mitochondrial activity."  I
would like to avoid these all the time--how do we find out drugs on this
list?

2.  "The use of methylphenidate hydrochloride, cinnarizine, reserpine,
amphetamines, or monoamine oxidase-A inhibitors within 6 months before the
baseline visit."   I havent done my research yet to determine if this
restriction is for positive or negative reasons i.e. could influence outcome
of the subject patient in a positive or negative manner.

3.  "An unstable dosage of drugs active in the central nervous system (e.g.
anxiolytics, hypnotics, benzodiazepines, and anti-depressants) during the 60
days before the baseline visit."   HOw would this impact the outcome of
experiment?

Another interesting point:  "The wafers with active study drug contained 300
mg of coenzyme Q10 and 300 IU of vitamin E as a lipophilic carrier"
Hmmmmm--i dont remember this coming up in the discussion earlier.  I dont
think the Vitaline CoQ10 wafers contain any vitamin E!

Also:  "Patients were asked to take a standard daily multivitamin without
minerals but no other supplemental vitamins."

And finally:  "A blood sample was again drawn at the final visit for
evaluation of platelet mitochondrial function."  Could a simple blood test
be used to help diagnose PD?

Bob