Hi all,

        On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, the Digest contained:

> ------------------------------
> Date:    Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:35:11 -0800
> From:    Connie <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Changes at Work
> My coworkers and I are living in very stressful times right now ...
> British Columbia works on dismantling our post-secondary institution ...
>                                                             ... Morale and
> productivity have dropped into the basement ...
>
> Needless to say, all this is affecting my PD big time...
>        ... Do any of you have any suggestions on destressors? ...
> ... already doing the cammomile tea
> at night, and breathing exercises, and trying to walk a bit more.

        Well, Connie, I can certainly identify with the problem.  I've
     been out of work now for three months, creditors are  looking  up
     our  address,  and my mother had a stroke a few nights ago.  This
     (what I like to call) lesson is becoming more stressful everyday.
     :-(  IT/IS/MIS (read as computer) job-hunters seem to be a dime a
     dozen ... every time I throw a dime down on the floor, a dozen IT
     job applicants jump out of the woodwork scrambling for it! :-)

        I digress ...

        The  only tool I have for trying to get un-stressed and reduce
     stress-tremors or regular-tremors for a bit is something the more
     techno-oriented will call: Hemispheric Synchronization.  I have a
     link on my personal page on my Web-site that points to a  general
     description.  I believe the URL is:

           http://www.monroeinstitute.org/programs/hemi-sync.html

        For  the  techno-impaired,  it is similar to the state of con-
     sciousness that the Indian fakirs  use  before  performing  their
     "amazing  feats."   It  really is nothing more than synchronizing
     both hemispheres of the brain (hemi-sync) to  produce  the  exact
     same  types  of brain waves at the same time.  Some would say the
     mind is completely awake while  the  body  is  perfectly  asleep.
     And, we all know what happens to tremors when we sleep ... ;-)

        It works for me, I don't know if it works for any other PWP.

        Well, all, I'm off from Cincinnati, OH to Orange, CA for a few
     days to help my mother recover a bit.  How, you might ask, is  an
     out-of-work  computer  guy  able to afford airfare?  Children who
     have jobs with airlines are a marvelous resource! :-)

        Don't  know if I'll have 'Net access out there.  So, take care
     and grok in fullness ...

Bill--
  ...who believes five out of four people have trouble with fractions.

.. William A. Parrette ...... 7177 Heritage Drive .... (42?) - (42?) ----+
.. [log in to unmask] .............. Westchester ............|  \  ___  \  ___  |
.. [log in to unmask] ......... OH 45069-4012 ..........|    (o o)   (o o) |