Last night's ER television  show featured a new character - Don Cheadle
played a 4th year, older (40ish) medical student -- who also is a young
onset PWP. I don't think i've ever seen a more realistic portrayal of
Parkinson's Disease in the workplace anywhere in the media. Cheadle's
character was so on-target, at times it seemed like he was expressing my
own expereicnes and thoughts. I also thought the responses  of his
co-workers were very realistic. Some ridiculed him behind his back,  a
few were openly hostile, some were condescending. But one of the nurses
was a model for how I think  most PWP would like to be treated by their
colleagues and friends -  by talking with him openly about the disease -
with understanding, but not pity, asking questions about what she didn't
understand, and letting him know that anytime he needs help - just to ask
her.

It looks like this story line will run for at least a few more weeks -
and should  do a lot in  furthering Parkinson's awareness among the
public.

Laura Jane Cohen from PAN sent the following message:
"Due to the volume of responses I've had about ER last night, I thought
I'd
send out an email address for ER in case people wanted to send a note of
support.
Thanks!
Laura Jane
Outreach Coordinator