Hi Joan,
First of all, you do wonderful work. You are one of my
heroes. Never belittle yourself or your looks. You look
just fine to me.
How to get the national media to focus on the "silent
majority" of us struggling to button our coats or fumbling
for change at the cash register is the question. What the
public doesn't understand is that our disease is a
progressive one. We are struggling to stay one step ahead
of a disease that will strip of our faculties until we are
truly silent, and PWP's don't run very fast.
Ours is a celebrity-obsessed society, and celebrity PD is a
double-edged sword. Perhaps it would be better if Reno were
not so arrogant and Pope John Paul did not suffer as a
saint. Perhaps it would have been better if Michael J's
book didn't describe him as a "lucky" man. Their lives are
easier than ours. They have money as a cushion. We need
them because without them we have no voice, but are they
telling our story?
Carole Hercun