Date sent:              Mon, 11 Nov 2002 02:38:30 EST
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   Rayilyn Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Bill'sPD/his son's ALS
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Bill, how terribly sorry I am to hear about the death of your son from
> ALS. Don't know how you do it, you with PD.  I would like the world to
> hear and at least acknowledge your story.  I feel this is so horribly
> unjust and should not go unnoticed. It seems like we PWP are only
> hearing each other and the well haven't a clue.

This question may be "off the wall", but are there any people in
Bill's family who have Guamanian (Chamorro) ancestry?  The reason
that I ask is that there is an unusual disease (hereditary) which is
found among those of that ancestry which combines Parkinson's disease
with ALS.  The cause is unknown.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"