Let's take a look at PD from:   Does It or Doesn't It Destroy Our Lives?

Since I stepped into this subject by way of the back door, I feel I should
add some depth to my, "Want to bet?"

Just as we wear designer jeans, we wear designer PD, etceteras.  :This
STRANGER WITHIN
is rather particular about the BUYER who wears his MARKETING PACKAGE.  It's
usually someone extremely conscientious, well educated, perhaps an over
achiever or an A personality, one who is daring intellectually and/or
physically--there's the world, lead me to it--as he/she is overcome with
challenge and stress (you can add your own attribute list to this along
with, if you have a mind,
genetic predisposition, religious philosophies and beliefs).  Such is the
PD, etc., profile!

 In the long run, no two BUYERS have exactly the same symptoms,   No two
BUYERS will have the same experiences being diagnosed.  No two BUYERS will
have the same meds or the ability to assimilate whatever meds they are
prescribed.  No two BUYERS will progress at the same rate. But ALL BUYERS
will have PD or a relative of PD or a degenerative neuromuscular disease
similar, yet different from PD.

For some BUYERS meds control progress for a number of years.  For other
BUYERS progress moves faster than meds control.   Still other BUYERS can't
handle meds at all!  It becomes a contest between the BUYER and the STRANGER
WITHIN!

Who is the winner of this contest?  Return to the attributes of  DESIGNER
JEAN BUYERS.   Look at who these BUYERS are.  They have spunk, spirit, and
can spit at the world with their physical and mental strength.   They
willingly fight
with every inch of their beings to overcome all obstacles.   They are
fearless!

Despite these fearless efforts, the standoff is broken by  the STRANGER
WITHIN when, in time, he begins to slowly weaken the BUYER.  Each move he
makes whittles at the BUYER'S being.  He gives no quarter for, until science
thwarts him, he knows he has the upper hand.

  Slowly but surely the STRANGER WITHIN feels he wins with every med that
doesn't work.   He wins with every tremor that won't desist.  He wins with
every period of dystonia and dyskenesia that overwhelms.  He wins with every
fall that occurs.  He wins with every night of non sleep. He wins with every
OFF or FREEZE that stops the BUYER in his tracks.  He wins with every
driver's license that can no longer be used.   He wins with the BUYER'S loss
of independence.  He wins when the BUYER has no caregiver.  He wins when the
BUYEER experiences the insecurity and the stress of having to depend on
others.  He wins with the aloneness he leaves behind.  This dastardly
STRANGER WITHIN overwhelms when he steals the BUYER'S QUALITY OF LIFE!  The
winner is inevitable!  FACE HIM.  ACCEPT HIM.  TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIM.  MOVE
ON!

 In truth, it isn't who the winner is.  It is how the BUYER handles the
PACKAGE the STRANGER WITHIN gives him.   The BUYER has choices!

Does PD destroy our lives?  I believe it will destroy our physical lives
eventually-for some more rapidly than for others.  What PD CAN'T DO is take
our spirits and our caring and dedication to one another unless we are
willing to relinquish them. There may be a winner, but the choice of who
that winner really is, is
up to us!   As long as there is someone to extend that special  hand in the
darkness of this disease,
there will be someone who made it through another day.  Think of the
potential!  The STRANGER WITHIN doesn't understand the meaning of the
miracle of the human mind and spirit and what it can accomplish!

Respectfully submitted,
 In thought and mind; in caring and friendship,
 E of the headdress

.