Hello:

My name is Bill and I live in St. Petersburg, Florida, U.S.A.  I am 57
years old, diagnosed with PD about a year ago (15 Doc's of all kinds and
4 Neurologists later).  From clues now apparent, it seems I started this
nosedive about five years before and did not know it.  Always did have
rotten luck in other areas, but not my general health.

Suffice to say I am without medical insurance of any kind and working as
much as possible to pay the bills acquired prior to the "big chill."
Climbed onto the Sumanirole clinical trial and applied for disability as
soon as the last Doc produced a concurrent diagnosis with the previous
Doc.  Believe I got Requip during the trial (eeeeeee... that ride was a
doozy when they shut that off!) and now escalating the Sumanirole.  And,
waiting to see how that works.  Certainly lost ground between the two.
Theroy: some is better than nothing.

Also have had mitral valve prolapse syndrome (MVPS) all my life.  In
that it also is basically a dysautonomic defect, my thoughts stray to a
possible relationship with my new plague.  Anyone else have any
information or stats on this?

The enemy is stress and anxiety.  As friends for life, it ruins my
ability now to sit still as I testify in white - collar crime cases.
The Defense attorney's figured out that if my tremor picks up, I am
edgy.  Soooo.  I fix that with drugs and the poker - face flattens their
act!  Problem is that I keep going to sleep on them when they are
getting really vile- I love it ;-)

I'll have to deal with more than the usual suspects soon, so my plans to
live under a bridge are being filed with planning and zoning for the
county.  With some idea what the future holds, but I will have to figure
it out like everybody else.  Life was good up until the last few years.
In fact, it's far better than I seen in third - world countries
(including Florida).

Please understand, I am not writing to minimize the gravity or the pain,
but I will always laugh at my opponent in any arena- (if  you don't know
me, that takes in allot of territory).

Regards,

Bill