Dolores.  I am the person who posted the message about CoQ10 and its intent.
I apologize if I offended you.  You seem angry as many of us feel at times.
I don't sell CoQ10 but I do take it.  Since you asked what I've read in the
study that makes me use it I will share a few brief quotes.  I am working on
creating a website which will be an information exchange point and people
will be able to download the entire report including the graphs for free.
In the meantime, throughout the report it states more studies are needed.
So they aren't making any generalized statements.  But about the subjects
that they studied for 16 months and then another 16 months they say
"Conclusion.  Coenzyme Q10 was safe and well tolerated a dosages of up to
1200 mg/d.  Less disability developed in subjects assigned to coenzyme Q10
than in those assigned to placebo, and the benefit was greatest in subjects
receiving the highest dosage.  Coenzyme Q10 appears to slow the progressive
deterioraion of function in PD, but these results need to be confirmed in a
larger study."  The report includes all of the explanation of how the groups
were formed, the scales used i.e. UPSDRS (Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating
Scale) mental score, motor score and ADL (activities of daily living).  They
also used the Hehn and Yahr scale score and Schwab and England and others
tests too boring to mention.  The bottom line was that in this test of
subjects taking either placebo, 300 mg/d, 600 mg/d or 1200 mg/d all of the
three groups taking the CoQ10 did not deteriorate as rapidly as the placebo
group and in the 1200 mg group there was a statistically significant benefit
versus even the other two groups.  Sorry to rattle on but this is important
stuff.  And I am the first to say more studies are needed.  In the meantime
I'm on board.  Take care.  [log in to unmask]