All everyone can do and continue to do is to contact media of all types and
urge them to focus on Parkinson's Disease.  I have contacted several leading
publications regarding PD and shows such as Oprah.  WIth the media attention
on celebrities with this disease, at least people are more familiar with what
PD is all about.  However, my feeling is that people need to understand what
life is like for the regular folks that have had their lives changed by PD,
both those afflicted and their families.  It's not just PD either. It's all
the chronic illnesses that have overtaken the lives of so many. Perhaps then,
our health care system may actually change and address the needs of so many
of us.

Pamme
wife of John, PWP, diagnosed at age 40, now 50