  Joan and Rayilyn.....keep trying.....I believe you need to write to him
and use Phil Donahue's own words and beliefs...words from interviews..Phil
Donahue has always been an activitst/advocate/crusader ...write to him
directly at MSNBC www.msnbc.com/news/DONAHUE_Front.asp  with a show idea
USING HIS WORDS AND HIS BELIEF SYSTEM...maybe Carol can find an address for
him...he lives in Westport CT with wife Marlo Thomas....or through Danny
Thomas' St. Jude's Foundation....he's got to be on somebody's list...even a
contribution/donation list.....I ust put down a few things here to show
how/what he thinks...I'll send you what I got...but there's a ton of stuff
out there...word your request where it hits home...like OUCH>..I gotta do
that story...it's not fair...
With his new show even MSNBC States
The fiercely independent voice that demands accountability   and that's what
we need.... ...research his words and beliefs...I did a small search on him
and found articles that say...things that you can use.like
Phil Donahue is perhaps the most honest man on television. Despite his
strong feelings and opinions, he's incredibly open and empathic, willing to
risk his own embarrassment to discover new insights.....Sounds like he's
your guy... “Here we are, we brag about our free-speech rights, and yet half
the political spectrum is unable to speak.” Only conservatives and
moderates, he added, “get to speak. Their issues get on TV.”

Seems like he was he's always in the middle of the current hot topic with
his beliefs and if PD and stem cell isn't a current hot topic what is...

 “Phil is the original activist as host.” Indeed, on his daytime program,
Donahue was a crusader for numerous liberal causes, notably abortion,for gay
rights,
school prayer Madalyn Murray O’Hair,
  racial issues,  civil-liberties infringements, medicine, health issues.
 I put these awards in so you'd see he was all over the place with story
lines because they were unjust or unfair or inthe vein...And read the REASON
he received these awards (sensitive and probing interviews)....
Phil Donahue and the “Donahue” show have been honored with 20 Daytime Emmy
Awards, including nine for Outstanding Host; a George Foster Peabody
Broadcasting Journalism Award for “sensitive, yet probing interviews on
issues relevant to today’s society;” a “President’s Award” from the National
Women’s Political Caucus; the first “Media Person of the Year Award” from
the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation; and with numerous other
honors and awards from educational, religious and mental
healthorganizations.
Look what he's been involved in...
       Over the years, Donahue has hosted a variety of specials for local
and network television and PBS. These include: “Look at Me,” a seven-part
series on parenting, produced by WTTW Chicago Public Television for PBS
(1980); an Emmy Award-winning NBC children’s special, “Donahue and Kids”
(1981); “Phil Donahue Examines The Human Animal,” a five-part prime time
series that aired on NBC (1986); and a 90-minute PBS Special, “Childhood in
America,” which focused on problems facing children in contemporary society
(1991).
       His other specials have focused on the health care crisis and on
America’s racial problems. Donahue specials include “Ryan White Talks to
Kids About AIDS” (1988) and several other programs about the AIDS crisis.
     ...... It's also true that I wish we were able to somehow make a show
commercially viable that spoke more often to contemporary issues, politics,
medicine.
 ..The show, he told The Progressive Magazine, "helped bring democracy" to
television. "I wanted people from all walks of life to be able to actually
use the airwaves that truly belong to them," he said.

"I think attempts by some members of the Bush Administration to shush public
dialogues are not altogether in keeping with the great American tradition...
I want to remind people of the Bill of Rights. My goodness, what a wonderful
document. It’s not just for good times. It’s for all the times," he said.
He even got involved with the Clinton/Monica but only saying it wasn't fair
to the family...: "The media
never homed in on the horrible, horrible violation
of.Fourth Amendment privacy rights that was
inflicted upon our First Family by these righteous
zealots.It was beyond cruel what they did. They took
the entire First Family and turned everybody,
including [Chelsea], upside down by the ankles and
shook them."