hi george,
my mom has the same issue with PD, the medications seem to really impact
her sleep.  She gets no rest in a traditional bed,  and I am thinking of
buying her an adjustable bed as she sleeps most of the time in a reclinder
chair...
              the traditional bed seems really uncomfortable and she seems
to get major body aches when she attempts to sleep...
  I appreciate the question....
                                I think the issue lies mostly in the
powerful med that contribute to insomnia....

tess

Spring
> Air, Simmons, Serta, Sealy all have beds that are good.  Simmons Back Care
> System is for those of us who sleep on our backs. All these salesmen had a
> solution for me but none of them had PD.
>
> There seems like there is a lot to choose from.  However, there is still
> more.
>
> Then there is the adjustable and standard to think about - the adjustable
> could be easier for someone with PD to get out of bed in the morning.
>
> Many beds have different degrees of padding or "pillow tops" to choose
from.
> While they are comfortable, it can almost feel like it is hard to move
with
> too much padding or pillow top.
>
> Has anybody found a bed that works very well.  I am especially interested
in
> what works for those have PD and who sleep well on their back.  My back
wakes
> me up at night (it is stiff).
>
> Help ---- Please reply.
>
> What beds have you found comfortable?
>
> Does anyone get a solid 8 hours sleep with PD?  If yes on what bed?
>
> Thanks for sharing.
>
> George

mailto:[log in to unmask]