Two million ex-feds likely in the dark on long-term care
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20021119-10576048.htm

The Question In Mind
Many of the Ill Are Depressed.
Many of the Depressed Are Ill.
Do Such Links Matter?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A64958-2002Nov16.html

Biotech Bresagen <BGN.AX> surged 20.4 percent to A$0.65,
off a day's high at A$0.77 but building on Monday's rally
which followed news it had bought exclusive rights to patents
related to possible stem cell treatments for Parkinson's Disease.
http://www.forbes.com/work/newswire/2002/11/18/rtr798542.html

Patent deal lifts BresaGen stocks - Interview...
http://www.abc.net.au/businessbreakfast/content/2002/s729767.htm

Medtronic reports record quarterly revenue: $1.9 billion

Shock therapy becomes popular again
Critics aside, shock therapy is a first-line treatment
for Doug Boyce. Boyce suffers from Parkinson's
disease and depression and believes the controversial
therapy has made a huge difference in his life.

"I definitely think these treatments have helped me,"
Boyce says. "Before I started treatments I was
basically in a wheelchair."

Shock therapy is part of Boyce's routine. He's been getting
the treatment every three weeks for the past five years.
He says they've helped alleviate his Parkinson's symptoms
of palsy and rigidity, and improved his mood.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1037667936741_57/?
hub=Health

* * *
Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>