Don, I've slept on a slant for yrs due to hiatal hernia GERD.  The rope idea
sounds good and I'll see what my brother can do about it for me when he
visits next time, since I'm having a real hard  time getting out of bed.  I
have sitdown shower in one bathroom with hand holds, but I need a low hold at
bathtub edge on the wall...almost  didn't get out last night.

My brother is an inventor/engineer who still consults on space shuttle so
maybe he can figure out some kind of Rube Goldberg device to get me/other PWP
out of bed...an escape hatch. sendin him copy of this email.

Thanks for the idea, Rayilyn