I find that taking half a 5 mg valium pill at bed-time lets me sleep soundly for 7 hours.  David

----- Original Message -----
From: George Docken
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 4:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Confused

George,

Here are some of the things I've learned about sleeping with Parkinson's:

Daily aerobic excercise helps my body get tired enough to sleep.
A hot bath just before retiring is very relaxing.
Satin pajamas or sheets facilitate moving in bed.  (Using both at the same
time might be excessive)
I leave a small fan running on a resonent cabinet for white noise and
fresh air in my face.
Sometimes I use Tylenol to quiet sore muscles.
Sometimes I use Tums to reduce acid reflux or upset stomach.
Achieving a bowel movement before retiring helps me rest.
My bladder allows me two to three hours between trips to the bathroom.  8
hours would be my fantasy.
Your list of beds does not include one I've been curious about, but
haven't tried.  The Select Comfort is an upscale air mattress style that
has, in the larger sizes, separate controls for firmness of each side.

I hope some of this is useful to you.  If you have any questions, I'd be
happy to respond.
Working for the cure,  Geo.

George Person <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
11/15/2002 02:44 AM
Please respond to Parkinson's Information Exchange Network