From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network

Date: Thursday, November 28, 2002 8:40:17 AM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: PD Medication

Hi All

I am not totally new as I have been observing the PIEN for sometime. I am 45
years old and have PD for three years. My major problems are with muscle
stiffness, bradyskinesia and shuffle gait while the medication is off.
Tremor is relatively minor and under control. My Neurologist put me on
Lodopa therapy right the way and I have had two years of honey moon time for
the first two years living with PD and medication. This year I have started
experiencing the wearing off effect which is irritating and disabling. I don
t want to increase the medication because I have been, as suggested by some
of my sharing group members, on quite a substantial medication schedule
already:-

06:30 am - one Sinemet CR tablet (250 mg) + 125 mg Madopar + two 2 mg
tablets of Propranolol

08:00 am - two 2.5 mg tablets of Bromocriptine

11:30 am - 125 mg Madopar + two 2 mg tablets of Propranolol

2:00 pm - two 2.5 mg tablets of Bromocriptine

3:30 pm - 125 mg Madopar

5:00 pm - half Sinemet CR tablet (250 mg half) + two 2 mg tablet of
Propranolol

8:00 pm - two 2.5 mg tablets of Bromocriptine

Any comments, suggestion or advice are needed, please.

Chris