I used to chew my first pills in the morning and that get me on a litle
faster. what I have bee.n doing for the last 5 years  for what i call my
junp start pill I take two 25/100 and disolve them in some  Dr.Pepper and
that gets me going any time from 10 to 30 minutes. I do this at about 5:30
AM then I take my regular medications at 6:00.

At 08:25 AM 11/22/2002 EST, you wrote:
>Although chewing the sinemet (or breaking in half and putting under the
>tongue or inside bottom lip) gives a faster "on"...........it also usually
>leads to a faster "off"  (in otherwords the on time comes faster, but doesn't
>last longer......
>
>Is helpful in an occasional "I need it now" situation.
>
>Some patients in our local area also report that most esophogeal (sp?) and
>stomach irritation occurs if this "chewing" is a regular habit.
>
>There are plusses and minuses with this practice as well as any other
>routine.  The neurologists in our area have given this as a "suggestion" to
>some patients for many years.  It is generally not recommended on a
>daily/hourly basis.
>
>Be sure to get plenty of ginger ale or other "sugar" liquid at the
>time.....so it is inot full strength Sinemet going through your system with
>no "diluting liquid".
>
>Rita

Yours and His
David L Moreland