You need to start your dis paperwork now because it takes about 6-12 months
to get everything approved. I am on dis now.  I retired april 99 it took 6
months to get ltd approved then we started to work on ssd. It took till Sept
2000 to get it approved. It is not a simple procedure. Most people have to
hire an attorney. I did. There is limit he can charge $3000.00-4000.00
dollars. I am 48yrs Dx in 96 had it for 9-10yrs.

Good luck
Mike Truluck