Hi ALL:

I have PD for 3 years and is now taking Sinemet CR.  In my sharing group I learnt there are two different kinds of people taking levodopa drugs with different attitudes.  One group is the "regular" group  who take the drug in regular times of the day following the doctor's advice so as to maintain a steady level of dopamine in the brain.  The other group is the "random" group who take the drug only when they feel needed.  The latter group thus can cut down the total daily dosage of the drug by 30-40%.

What puzzled me is, the usual medical advice is that you have to take PD drug regularly.  Random dosage may not secure the desirable effect and perhaps do some harm.  However, in people like the latter group, I can still see the immediate improvement of PD symtoms 30-60 mins  after they take the random dosage.  It seems that they can still keep a steady level of Dopamine without regular dose?  Any comments from anybody?

Chris Lui