Nigel

I am not a doctor but ??Dyskinesias is usually from drug overdosing and
are seperate from tremors. Amantadine is what is used to control
dyskinesias--I have used Entacapone(Comtan) here for over a year now.
Entacapone  has Extended Sinemet  without increasing it's dosage on
times for me an extra 45-90 minutes depending mostly on stress
encountered during that time.  My Sinemet 50/200 was wearing off in 3
hrs 20 minutes average time. Now that same dose with Entacapone lasts 4
hrs +.  I am not sure from your description of meds that while it works
in my case  and is an excellent compliment with Sinemet,  I have no
experience using it with any of the drugs you listed, therefore cannot
say  if it will help your Madopar. No side effects encountered
whatsoever from iEntacapone.

Note: " Selegiline(eldepryl). Its main use is as an addition to
treatment with levodopa, particularly for people who experience
fluctuations in their mobility through the day. However over the past
few years Selegiline, has shown that it may have a detrimental effect
on the action of the heart." A study is being done to review its
affects. Eldepryl belongs to a class of drugs known as MAO inhibitors.
Amitriptyline- is contraindicated with any MAO inhibiters. " It should
not be given concomitantly with a MAO inhibiting compound."

Your Cabaser--A dopamine agonist is what is supposed to help Madopar be
smooth throughout its cycle. I am wondering if the neuro gives you
Entacapone  what will he do with Cabaser and or Selegiline which are
all designed to do the same " smooth out"  but with a different method?

Don
54/5