In case anyone else didn't know about this...

Happy holidays everyone!

-----Original Message-----
From: Writing Program Administration [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Doug Hesse
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 8:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Andrea Lunsford and the March Award

Many on this list undoubtedly know this, but I trust all of us will
celebrate Andrea Lunsford's winning the Francis Andrew March award from
ADE at next week's MLA.  The March award is for career achievement in
contributions to English departments.  Last year's winner, for example,
was Robert Scholes.  Of course, Andrea is far too young to win such
things, but I note that this award complements in all sorts of
satisfying ways the CCCC Exemplar Award she previously garnered.
Sometimes the world turns right.

Doug Hesse
Director, Center for the Advancement of Teaching
Professor of English
Illinois State University
Normal, IL 61790-3990
309 438-5943