From: CASLL/Inkshed [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 2:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Book advice request

I recently received the rare good news that our department has a significant
budget for library acquisitions this year.  The catch is that we need to
come up with a list of titles to match the amount before January.  I have a
partial list, but I worry that in the rush to decide I’ll miss important
scholarly studies or textbooks.  The last time I went through a similar
exercise was in 1999, and we acquired a few important titles.  If you can
think of books on business or technical communication (oral and written) or
writing pedagogy published after 1998 that you think are valuable resources,
please send/post your suggestions.  I’m sure that multiple perspectives on
what texts are worth recommending will be as helpful to me as the titles
themselves.

Thank you,
Linda

              http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/