Here are a couple of recent books that I have found useful in teaching my
grad course in Composition Pedagogy: Theory and Practice and have had our
library order.  I hope these suggestions help.

Lee, Amy.  Composing Critical Pedagogies: Teaching Writing as Revision.
Urbana, IL: NCTE, 2000.
McDonald, Christina Russell and Robert L. McDonald.  Eds.  Teaching
Writing: Landmarks and Horizons.  Carbondale, IL: Southern Illinois UP,
2002.
Roskelly, Hephzibah and Kate Ronald.  Reason to Believe: Romanticism,
Pragmatism, and the Teaching of Writing.  Albany, NY: State University of
New York Press, 1998.
Tate, Rupiper, and Schick.  Eds. A Guide to Composition Pedagogies.  New
York: Oxford UP, 2001.
Yagelski, Robert.  Literacy Matters: Writing and Reading the Social Self.
New York: Teachers College Press, 2000.

Dale

Dr. Dale Jacobs
English Language, Literature, and Creative Writing
University of Windsor
401 Sunset Avenue
Windsor, ON
N9B 3P4
Phone: (519)253-3000 ext. 2309
Fax: (519)971-3676

                      CA                       To:       [log in to unmask]
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      CASLL/Inkshed            Subject:  Book advice request

                      12/02/02 03:28 PM
                      Please respond to
                      CASLL/Inkshed

I recently received the rare good news that our department has a
significant budget for library acquisitions this year.  The catch is that
we need to come up with a list of titles to match the amount before
January.  I have a partial list, but I worry that in the rush to decide
I'll miss important scholarly studies or textbooks.  The last time I went
through a similar exercise was in 1999, and we acquired a few important
titles.  If you can think of books on business or technical communication
(oral and written) or writing pedagogy published after 1998 that you think
are valuable resources, please send/post your suggestions.  I'm sure that
multiple perspectives on what texts are worth recommending will be as
helpful to me as the titles themselves.

Thank you,
Linda

              http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/